Sunday, July 02, 2006


Well, it's been a while. I'm truly (honest) hoping it won't be so long between posts now.

It's been a wild six weeks since my return from Zambia where I broke my pinky finger and injured my ring finger, both on my left hand. I've only been out of my arm/hand splint for a week now (fingers still taped), and I still have very limited movement of both fingers, despite daily physical therapy (PT). Keyboarding is still painfully slow (literally), so I haven't been on the computer much.

But I'm going through blog withdrawel and have missed my interactions with all of you, so I hope I'm back to stay now.

Here's the short list of the happenings here during the last six weeks:

  • returned from Zambia
  • did the back-from-a-missions-trip follow-up stuff
  • had weekly appointments with the orthopaedist for my hand
  • started 3x per day physical therapy exercises with my fingers
  • put in extra hours for work to complete projects before my boss went out of town
  • watched youngest son graduate from high school
  • held a graduation party here and an overnight party for said son
  • cleaned house for said party (major understaking)
  • moved daughter from her dorm to her new apartment in DE
  • moved oldest son home from college
  • started driving oldest son to and from work each day again
  • caught up on three weeks worth of paperwork (accumulated while I was away)
  • finished home renovations (by hubby and hired contractor)
  • reclaimed house after said renovations (again, major undertaking)
  • traveled with youngest son to his mandatory college orientation at the school he'll attend in the fall (a five-hour-drive away)...gone three days
  • researched, found, and bought used car for youngest son (to replace his that was totaled in an accident back in April)
  • researched, found, and purchased youngest son's necessary laptop for college
  • moved doggies into their new room!
  • had MAJOR rain and flooding in PA (record-breaking), but stayed dry
  • entered REAL summer here (hazy, hot, humid)... blech

That's about all I can remember right now. It's been busy, and my work efforts seem to take twice as long with my injured hand. So it's frustrating.

The saddest part of my hand injury is how protective I have to be around the dogs for now. All I need is one good head-shake-bump or collar-yank on the finger and it will displace again. So I'm one-handed with the dogs.

Poor kids.

But they're enjoying the new room. It stays nice and cool.

So we've had some changes: some good (like the new room), some bad (like my hand).

But all is well; the kids (human and canine) are happy; hubby and I are great; and I'm glad to be back and blogging again!

'Til next time,


1 comment:

LostinScotland said...

Welcome back Joan...missed ya. Glad you had a good time and hope all is better soon.