Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Little Snuggler

Elsie is our snuggler. No question about it.

That's not to say that Baxter and Ridge don't like to snuggle; they do. But Elsie thrives on nestling and touching and nuzzling her little head into our shoulders and necks.

At 80 pounds, she's technically not a lap dog. But I won't tell her if you won't. ;o)

I love that she's so affectionate. No matter what we're doing, she seems to need to touch us (lean against us, paw us, plop her butt on our feet). But mostly, she likes to nap on our laps.

There's nothing quite like holding a sleeping dog. It's almost as soothing as rocking a sleeping baby (well, not quite, but close). Studies show that simply petting an animal lowers blood pressure. No wonder I feel so relaxed when Elsie snoozes in my arms!

Eight months ago my doctor told me I needed to reduce my stress. I guess that means I have a medical excuse to snuggle with the Elsie girl. Especially when I feel stressed.

As if I needed one!

Uh oh. Is that stress I sense creeping up on me? Yup. I can feel it. And I think Elsie just might need a snuggle fix (it's been a few hours).

I guess that means work can wait and that it's time to lower my blood pressure and help Elsie feel secure. :o)

'Til next time,
Joan

No comments: