Friday, September 08, 2006

My Office Buddies

The canine kids really enjoy being my office buddies these days. If I leave my office door open I can count on the three of them vying for prime office real estate. As far as they're concerned, the closer to "mom" the better.

Now that's all well and good, except that I only have room in my tiny-dining-room-converted-to-an-office for one dog bed. And 100-pound Baxter takes up the whole bed himself.

We have three dogs. You do the math.

Oh, but they're intelligent Labs: they've figured it out.

Ridge and Elsie just wait for Baxter to get restless and mosey on back to the family room, then then happily squeeze together on the bed and share. Good kids. Smart kids. :o)

Sneaky kids.

I have to admit that I enjoy sharing office space with them. They still make me smile and help me take life (and work) less seriously. My blood pressure is far better for their presence.


But what am I going to do when the next little girl Lab arrives?

Too bad: I guess I'm just going to have to hold her on my lap. Such sacrifice!

'Til next time,
Joan Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

silentsurfur said...

Hello Joan,

They are very cute " My blood pressure is far better for their presence" this is something interesting to know that there presence making you feel better and controlling your blood pressure.

“Too bad: I guess I'm just going to have to hold her on my lap. Such sacrifice!” I didn’t get this? Why sacrifice? She is going to get a wonderful mom and family.

Benji.

Dog Training Lessons

Joan said...

Hi, Benji,

Thanks for you comments! And, yes, research really has shown that petting and interacting with well-trained domestic animals actually does lower blood pressure. That's why we have so many animal visitation programs in hospitals, rehab centers, and nursing homes here in the States.

My dogs are good for me. :o)

Oh, and the comment about "sacrifice" was meant to be a joke...a bit of humorous sarcasm. It is, of course, no sacrifice at all to hold the next little pup in my lap; it will be a joy to do so.

Have a great day!
Joan