Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Canine Crew December 09

And now, what you've been waiting for: the the Canine Crew. :)

Most importantly, everyone is just fine. :) Being their impish selves, of course, and growing a little tired of my limitations, but doing fine nonetheless.

And, in case you're wondering, these are all new pics taken in the last month or so. Everybody's current. :)

The Elsie Girl is still our Bear (at a whopping 95 pounds, she's pudged out a little):


And she's still a Snuggle Bear:




Ridge, the Old Man, has become a snuggler, too (oh my....) and is quite people-needy these days (moreso than he's ever been). May it's just that he's aging. Who knows? But we'll take it in a heartbeat. Sweet, silly, old guy.



Pinot is as sweet, and as loving, and as energetic-about-retrieving as ever. She's cuddly and gentle indoors these days, and seems to save her enthusiasm for chasing Kongs (or running away from Tuc). :) She's over two years old now, can you believe it? Where'd those two years go?


Miss Kenya Bean is every bit the wiggler and the I-have-to-show-you-what-I-have-in-my-mouth-girl as she ever was. She's still not a snuggler; never has been (likes to be close or in the same room, but not so much on our laps). Oh... but her patience! And her willingness to sit and wait and pay attention -- she's so self-controlled! At three years old, she should be. Ah... it's wonderful. And she's gorgeous - just gorgeous. We hope/plan to breed her this winter.




Then there's my Tuc Buddy. My big galoot of a happy-go-lucky, plow-through-anything, too-intelligent-for-his-own-good boy. He gives Kenya a run for her money in the wiggliest-in-our-house department (what a wiggle butt!). And he's non-stop motion -- rarely stops for anything. He is, however, only 1.5 years old, and very much a puppy still.



And they all continue to romp like overgown pups.

Ridge prefers solitary exploration these days; he meanders all over the yard while the other four roughhouse.



Tug-o-War is still a favorite between the kids (we never do this between us and them because it can foster aggression and dominance -- between them is fine, and they have a boatload of fun). Of course, it varies who pulls against whom.

Here's Pinot vs. Tuc, Kenya, and Elsie (gotta give her points for spunk!). :)


Here's Tuc vs. Elsie and Kenya (Pinot just let go):


All in good fun. Just look at those tails. :) What happy kids!

I'm delighted to report, they're all just fine and growing wonderfully. :)

I love my canine crew. And we're delighted to be back to share our lives with you. Enjoy!

'Til next time,
Joan

7 comments:

L^2 said...

Yay! Everyone looks happy and healthy. Glad the dogs are all well.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Oh my goodness Joan! I'm ever so glad that you are better and BACK!! The crew all looks SO lovely!!

Sara & Fudge said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I was worried, and missing updates on the sweetest lab gang I know of (except my own chocolate girl, of course!). Can't wait to read all about them again...and watch for Kenya's upcoming (hopefully!) litter!

JacksDad said...

Well I am so glad to see you back and feeling better! The puppies look fantastic.

Jack was told (by the vet) that he was supposed to stay around 80 pounds - and he's at 84 right now. I'm wondering how close to 80 I'll be able to keep him!

JacksDad said...

Well I am so glad to see you back and feeling better! The puppies look fantastic.

Jack was told (by the vet) that he was supposed to stay around 80 pounds - and he's at 84 right now. I'm wondering how close to 80 I'll be able to keep him!

D.K. Wall said...

Glad you are back and all are doing well. I have degenerative discs in my lower back, so know the fun of challenges in my legs, but am fortunate it does not affect my arms or hands. Best of luck!

Mary said...

Joan, glad you are back and updating us once again on the canine crew. I've missed them and you so much! Plus, I like to see what Pinot is doing since she is so close in age to Hope so I can make sure my girl is being a normal Lab! LOL

Speaking of which, what ever became of the lump in Elise's tummy?