Wednesday, March 16, 2005

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

When Her Wryness interviewed me about this blog a few days ago, she asked what theme song best represented our three canine kids. The first tune that popped into my head was Alan Jackson's It's Five O'clock Somewhere because these guys are always ready for a good time. And I mean always.

It doesn't matter how tired I am or how busy or how much I have to do or how depressed I feel, they want to play!

"Come on, Mom! Cantcha play? Cantchacantcahcantachacantcha? Huhhuhhuhhuhhuhhuh?"

My 81-year-old mother has been in the hospital since last Friday night with pancreatitis (it's not fun). I've been spending tons of time sitting with her or hanging around while she has tests and procedures done, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is play. I'm just wiped out.

But they nudge and nudge and nudge and nudge, until they goad me into playing. And before I know it, I'm laughing and smiling and feeling less fatigued.

Maybe Baxter, Elsie, and Ridge know what's best for me; maybe I really do need to play more.

'Til next time,
Joan

No comments: