Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Missing "Dad"

Ridge stopped eating and needs more affection. Elsie wants to be close. Baxter follows me everywhere. These are not their usual behaviors.

All three miss "Dad."

My husband is away on business this week. Other than his absence, nothing has changed in our routine. The human kids come and go. I work in my home office. I maintain the dogs normal schedule: I feed them at the same times; I give them their supplements at the same times; I let them in and out all day; I sit with them, play with them, pet them, and talk to them. I even let them join me in my office while I'm working. But they're still depressed.

It's not that they don't love me; it's that they miss their "dad." :o) Somehow they sense his absence and respond to it.

They said their goodbyes on Sunday(see photos above) and have been waiting for his return ever since. It's amazing to me how attached to us they've become. We truly are part of their pack.

For them (and for me), Friday can't come soon enough.

'Til next time.
Joan

No comments: