It's been an Eeyore week for me (gloomy), and some dear friends, being the dear friends they are, reminded me of how much I have to be thankful for. Today's entry, depicted by the canine gang of course, is a pictorial reminder of a dozen wonderful things that grace my life each day. These are the first of what I hope will be several dozen more to be posted in weeks to come.
Now here they are in random order.
1. Tissues (not all parts of the world have kleenex in ready supply):
2. Indoor plumbing (especially when it's cold outside):
3. Safe, clean drinking water:
4. A warm shelter in which to come in from the cold:
5. A comfortable place to sleep:
6. Family members who put up with me:
7. A future toward which I can look with hope and optimism:
8. People who listen to me when I need to vent (and love me all the same):
9. The ability to sleep soundly even when I have a boatload of things that could distract me:
10. Others on whom I can pour my affection:
11. Someone to watch over me:
12. A pack (my family, friends, and folks like you DRs) with whom I can share life's adventures:
It's amazing how focusing on what you've been given can ease the pain of what's been taken away. Gratitude is, indeed, good for the soul.
May you find things for which you can be thankful today.
'Til next time,