Sunday, December 14, 2008

Water and Doggies and Thaws, Oh My!

Ya gotta love winter in Pennsylvania: temperatures in the teens followed by temps in the 60s (F) followed by heavy, heavy rains.

Labs love it.

Lab owners? Well...

Here are Tuc and Pinot enjoying our latest round of thawing grounds soaked and squishy with winter rains:



Lest the photo above confuses you, Pinot, is not a chocolate Lab.

And, lest the photo below confuses, Tuc is not a "silver" Lab (no such thing actually, though some less-than-upfront- breeders would like you to think so -- AKC doesn't recognize it as a legitimate Lab coat color) nor is he a chocolate Lab, nor is he salt-and-pepper either.


Is this what they mean by "mud puppies" (hehe)?




Yup, ya gotta love winters in PA.

Even more, you gotta love mud-puppies -- hehe. Mud and Labs were meant for each other.

So what's a few more doggies towels to wash compared to the sheer exuberant joy of a Lab playing in the mud?

Besides, we headed back into twenties-temps-land again last night. :o) The mud is short-lived for now.

'Til next time,
Joan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being the owner of a Lab myself, do you find that you wash doggie towels more than human clothes? If there is a mud puddle within 1 mile of my home, some how, some way, my girl seems to find it. Ditches are the best for mud and water. : )

JuliaR said...

I hope you have a hose on the deck, even if it is cold. I don't know how you do it! I only had the one Lab and the mud was enough!

Chester said...

Since Chester came to live with us almost 2 years ago at 8 weeks old, I'm not sure if I've had a clean pair of jeans on since. Not that he jumps on me-Ok, once in awhile-but when bringing his football for me to throw, he's not always on the mark and dirt, mud and slobbers are ever present!! That's just a small price to pay for having the privilege of loving a Lab!!