Tuesday, May 24, 2005

On Guard

Baxter is our loveable, gentle giant. He lumbers around the yard and house, plopping his enormous 100-plus-pound body down whenever he feels inclined to so do. And like most gentle giants, he wouldn't hurt a soul.

But bad guys don't know that. And I rest secure knowning he's here. :o)

Baxter trots our yard's permieters. He sits watch (see photo above). And if anything poses even the remotest threat, his barrell-chested, resonating bark states, "I am here, and if you even think about messing with my master you'll have me to contend with."

Now "contend with" may mean face-washing kisses or paws-planted-on-the-shoulders hugs, but that's between you and me. I'll never tell.

I love my gentle giant. So what if he exceeds Lab breed standards for size (who would've known; his parents were tiny). Yes, for your purists out there, we had him neutered, but I wouldn't trade him for the world.

There's only one Baxter Boos, and I think I'll keep him.

'Til next time,
Joan

No comments: