Sunday, April 25, 2010

Meet the Pups: 4.5 Weeks Old

Here they are, all nine pups, now 4.5 weeks old. They've grown so fast! Since they're growing and changing so much I thought it might be time to put up individual pictures of them (in no particular order).

These shots are candid (no posing.. just capturing the pups as they are), and they were taken right after they ate (so you might seem some food remnants on their coats here or there!).  :)

Introducing, for the second time...


Master Red, weighing 6 pounds 5.5 ounces:





Master Green (dark green collar), weighing 5 lbs 13 oz:




Master Blue (royal blue collar), weighing 5 lbs 11.5 oz:




Miss White, weighing 4 lbs 12 oz:



 Miss Lime (yellowy-green collar), weighing 5 lbs 12 oz:




 Miss Sky (light blue collar), weighing 5 lbs 14 oz:




Miss Orange, weighing 5 lbs 14 oz:




Miss Yellow, weighing 5 lbs 5 oz: 



Miss Pink, weighing 5 lbs 13 oz:




These, of course, do not capture their emerging personalities. I'll post more on that another day, but for now we know that all of the pups are extremely people-oriented, sociable, alert, interested in their surroundings, and are tracking things well visually. No one is obviously dominant; no one is obviously on the bottom of the pecking order.  :)  That's a good thing. :)

Oh, and they all love puppy food mixed with puppy formula (the thicker the better these days)!  Yum! :)  We can expect them to double their weights by the time they leave for their forever homes (can you imagine?!). :)

And they should be fully weaned by the time they're six weeks old.  That's just under two weeks from now!  Good thing, though: Kenya has mastitis again. :(  But we're doing hot compresses, her temp is coming down, and she's back on antibiotics.  :)

So... whatcha think?

'Til next time,
Joan

7 comments:

Cindy Del Vecchio said...

In keeping with tradition, we'll take Miss Sky!

Charlene said...

They are all adorable. If I had a house, I would be on your list to adopt. You do such a wonderful job in getting them ready for their forever homes.
I also hope that Elsie will be ok.

Kristi said...

They are all beautiful! But I would love to get my hands on Miss Lime! She would not be kiss deprived here!

Mary said...

If I could, I would totally get Hope a Brother or Sister but alas, Doc says no. They are all adorable!

JacksDad said...

Of course they are wonderful - how could they not be! :)

Unknown said...

Couldyou ship Miss White to England maybe?!?

L^2 said...

I, unfortunately, don't need a puppy right now (well, actually I do, in the form of a new guide dog though), but if I had my choice of this adorable litter I'd have to go with handsome Master Green. :-)