Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Noon Check-In: Still Working at It

Elsie's been bonkers now since I last posted. Pacing, digging, desperate to go outside, etc. But now she's back in the whelping box, munching on ice, and not wanting to leave. She's getting busier (or more frenetic) and her panting is harder the longer we go.

I figure she's been in active Stage 1 now for a good 12 hours. Stage 1 can last anywhere from one to 24 hours; last time, Elsie's Stage 1 was about 12 hours, so I'm expecting real contractions to start anytime.

So here we sit. :o)

I'll check in again when I can. She's shredding paper now (I added packing paper under her bedding). Should be soon, and Dear Twin Sister is on her way over with lunch for human types, so now I'll have extra hands beyond DFS, who is still grossed out by the thought of delivering pups. ;o)

That's it for now.

J.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us all updated as Elsie progresses!

Good thoughts sent your way :)

(And I'm so glad Kenya & Pinot came back - I know that feeling, and it is horrific.)

Unknown said...

Love you, Elsie!

test said...

Thanks for keeping us posted.. Good to see you have extra hands coming over to assist.. it seems like DH may be home from work to assist too! Sending some ((((Paw Power)))) to Elsie!

Thoughts said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. We at ThoughtsFurPaws are all thinking of you and sweet Elsie!

Chester said...

Has anyone told you lately how amazing you are? With all that you have going on and still able to post an interesting blog that has me on the edge of my seat! I am sooooo glad that your fur-kids were not harmed in their little adventure. Maybe they in their own little way were trying to take your mind of Elsie for a little while-which it did, just not the way you might have liked. Take care human and fur-family. Can't wait to see the little ones! Chester's mom

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

I can't wait to see those puppies!!!

Katherine Klegin said...

Poor sweet Els! I've even got my husband interested in Elsie's progress now. That video you posted earlier today makes even me as a human afraid to have babies!! We'll be thinking of her!

Susie said...

Hang in there Elsie and Joan.... we are all on the edge of our seats..... let's start placing bets! I am guessing that there will be 8 pups.... 3 girls 5 boys..
Anyone else want to join in the fun and give their guess? the winner gets??? i will think of something!

Susie in Birmingham, AL

Jamie said...

I'll play...
I'll say 9 pups, 5 girls, 4 boys.

Jamie
Harleysville PA

Anonymous said...

I'll say 7 pups: 4 girls, 3 boys.