Here's their progress report:
- ALL have quadrupled (at least) their weights since birth.
- Six of them are over five pounds. Two are just shy of 5 lbs.
- ALL are using their vision, though not visually tracking yet.
- ALL are hearing and responding to sudden noises.
- ALL are lapping liquids.
- ALL are climbing over the whelping box "door" (no one said it had to be graceful or controlled to count).
- ALL are teething.
- Some have some erupted teeth (teeth already broken through the gums).
- Red (Miss Scarlet) has the most teeth. :o)
- ALL have discovered they have litter mates.
- ALL have started "wrassling" with and chewing on their sibs.
- ALL will rest comfortably on their backs when cradled in our arms.
- ALL have demonstrated several vocalizations: bark, growl, howl, whine, grunt, etc. (I'm not sure they know what they mean yet, but they've at least tried them out.)
- ALL have experienced seven different surfaces beneath their paws (and all found it interesting).
Here are their weights to date (heaviest to lightest), at exactly three weeks old:
- Green: 5 lbs. 14 oz.
- Pink: 5 lbs. 10 oz.
- Pink-and-White: 5 lbs. 8 oz.
- Blue-and-White: 5 lbs. 5 oz.
- Red: 5 lbs. 4 oz.
- Blue: 5 lbs. 2 oz.
- Black: 4 lbs. 12 oz.
- White: 4 lbs. 10 oz.
That's the update!
Stay tuned for more milestones.
'Til next time,