But, joy-oh-joys, this morning he's starting to act like a puppy again (finally!).
- He actually ate breakfast -- ravenously (a first since he came home)!
- He took a couple big drinks all by himself (another first since coming home)!
- He passed a full-sized, normal looking tootsie roll poo (yay!) overnight (another first -- he was just passing solid teeny, skinny little droplets yesterday, and that was only twice).
- He did a full-fledged piddle (as in, he created a whole puddle all by himself)!
- His tail is UP and wagging (maybe a tad bit slower than the rest, but it's clearly wagging).
- He's bright-eyed and interested in what's happening in the kitchen (instead of curled up in a ball not even lifting his head like he was yesterday).
- AND HE'S BARKING AT HIS LITTERMATES!
Here he is, up and about this morning (this is the first we've seen anything even close to this kind of behavior from him since he came home from the veterinary hospital):
Maybe Mr. Lime just needed another day to get his system working again. Maybe he just needed more sleep. Maybe he's just a slow mover (intestinally speaking). I don't know what he needed, but whatever it was, it appears he may just be fine after all.
What a roller coaster.
I think today is going to be a better day after all.
'Til next time,