Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sad News: We Lost Mr. Blue


I just thought you all should know that Mr. Blue lost his battle with Parvo last evening. Dr. Wagner called just after 8 p.m. to let us know, and to assure us that they'd tried everything to revive him (including puppy CPR despite his weakened condition). He was still on IV fluids and IV meds, but it just wasn't enough. Parvo is just brutal and unrelenting.

At least Mr. Blue, our Chunky Monkey, is not suffering anymore.

I hope you understand, but I didn't want to post until we'd had a chance to talk to Blue's family, which Don did late last night.

And then we were over at the puppy ICU for quite a while this morning -- just got back a little bit ago. I'll update you separately about the rest (everyone else is still with us).

Please pray for Blue's family; they're sad, of course. As are we.

But we're still rooting for the rest.

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Joan

6 comments:

JuliaR said...

Joan, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Anonymous said...

oh no, I'm so sorry for you, Blue's family and the other puppies! Big hugs to you. Oh how sad.

Chester said...

Tears are rolling as I write this. No words feel strong enough to console you and Mr. Blue's family to be. My heart goes out to all of you. You can take comfort in knowing you did absolutely everything to save him but it's in God's hands, not ours. Peace be with you all. Chester's Mom

Anonymous said...

Joan, I stumbled on your blog about two weeks ago, and I have been captivated by the progress of the pups. I am soooo sorry to hear of your loss of Mr. Blue. I can't imagine how much is hurts for you AND Blue's family. My prayers are with the rest of the little ones to pull through.

Sara

Monica said...

Joan, I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Blue. I didn't expect to see this news since he was the biggest and strongest of the bunch. My heart goes out to you and Mr. Blue's family-to-be. I can't imagine how their hearts must be broken. I'll be praying for the rest of the gang.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

I am so, so, so, very sorry to hear about Mr. Blue. We put our heart and soul into our "babies", and it just breaks them, when something happens. I'm still praying for your gang!